This course has been developed specifically for those managing children with ADHD.
The goal is to inform and empower you to work with your child to cope with the many difficulties of ADHD by passing on practical, workable strategies that will make a difference in the lives of all family members.
The course environment promotes engagement through non-judgment, empathy and acceptance.
You’ll find greater empathy & understanding for your child’s perspective and with effective strategies on board you’ll increase confidence in your parenting skills.
This course has been running face-to-face in Sydney for around 4 years, and now I have been able to move it online so that everyone can have access to these important resources!
- To understand your ADHD child’s world
- Why & how it affects your family
- Reasons for challenging behaviours
- Learn practical behaviour management strategies
- How to become a good child manager
- How to create better routines & relationships
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions model
- How to use rewards & consequences appropriately
- How to manage difficult behaviour
- Tools to help decrease stress & anxiety in your home
- More about treatment options & medication
- How to optimise sleep
- How to work with your child’s school
- How to build your child’s self-esteem
- Effective self-care practices
- Improved family problem-solving
- Videos, audio, PDF handouts & worksheets in easy-to-access bite-sized modules
- Weekly handouts and lifetime access to course information
- A parenting ADHD Action Plan e-work book
- Less stress & more parenting confidence
Hi, I’m Vivian - Founder & CEO of ADHD Support Australia, facilitator of the Parenting Children with ADHD Course since 2015, ADDCA trained ADHD Coach, certified PEERS Social Skills for Young Adults/Teens program provider, qualified teacher, Certified Tech Addiction & Digital Health Educator (NIDHW), mentor & most importantly, an experienced ADHD mum!
I’m an ADHD parent (with an ADHD diagnosis myself) and I’ve navigated my way through all aspects of raising a daughter with ADHD (& much more), into a healthy, beautiful adult human. She is now a young adult with ADHD and our journey continues to evolve.
I created a local support group in Sydney, Australia offering support and education to parents of children with ADHD, after my daughter's diagnosis. Since 2013, when I founded the group, my passion has been supporting others on the same journey, using the benefit of the knowledge I’ve picked up along the way.
I've organised an expert ADHD speaker evening nearly every month since (now online) with recordings of past talks available on Patreon. With the aim of reaching and serving as many ADHD families as possible, wherever they may be, I created this Online Parenting Course. I hope that it will be of value to you in helping you navigate life with your children with ADHD!